Friday, May 25, 2012

Summer begins

It's officially summer now. For the first time in years, central Kentucky kids are out of school before Labor Day. In celebration, I'm at my Berea listing letting in some fellows for a termite treatment. Somehow my sellers and I forgot to communicate about the alarm code. Oops. If there was ever a doubt, sound can definitely be used as a weapon AND a cardio workout. My heart rate is just now returning to normal levels.

I went to my last middle school honors day yesterday at Morton. Will received an award for Academic Excellence for having a "4.0 All Year" and awards for Science and Geometry. We're so proud but I really thought it would be more appropriately announced as a 4.0 for the final day of the grading period when he managed to bring his grades in a couple of his classes up to an "A."

I'm looking forward to not having the discussion for the next few months about why we expect him to have all "As." Why? Because you can.

Oddly, I've never had that conversation with Mary Rollins.

And so, next year Will is off to high school. He'll be in the Liberal Arts Academy at Henry Clay, otherwise known as "The Academy.". Fortunately Will has linked together that good grades in high school equal scholarship dollars for college so perhaps he'll motivated for a more proactive approach to homework.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails