Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Milestones or maybe mileage is a better title...

Dearest Blog friends (and Dad),

There has been much quietness on the blog since last week because there's been so much excitement in real life.  Mary Rollins turned 16, we went to New York to celebrate (saw Isabug and David -- on break from Rock Stardom for a night, had fabulous time, want to see some pictures?), returned home, and Mary Rollins got her driver's permit.

What I really want to write about is driving with a new driver.  It makes me twitch, as in, "Mom, could you please stop twitching?"  I can't help it.  It's not my leg sore from trying to phantom brake as I have been warned of; it's trying to control the impulse to grab the steering wheel.  All right, I'll admit, I have grabbed the steering wheel.  Trust me, there was good reason.  I don't think those walkers on Lakewood realized just how close to the grim reaper they were.  It's getting better each day though and yesterday we tackled Alumni Drive and two left turns across traffic.

On Friday, as she went for her very first drive after passing the learner's permit test, I said, "You know what?  I don't know that I put on enough deoderant this morning, Mary Rollins."

Her response, "Me either." 

1 comment:

iselby said...

Good luck MR and Gwennie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails