Monday, November 22, 2010

Scary things in the night...

Harry Potter was fantastic and quite possibly, in my opinion, the best Potter movie yet.  And, I managed to stay awake through the whole movie, yeah me!  And, I survived the next day on my mere 3.5 hours sleep.  We, all three, looked a bit pale and Deatheater-like most of Friday and I'm still not quite sure I'm back on a normal sleep routine.  My unscientific research indicates that you recover from a night of four hours sleep at 14 more quickly than at 44.

A woman and her iPhone can rule
the world.  So long as she doesn't
delete the Phone app...
Last night's  post-Potter sleep might have been the worst.  Granted I've been feeling a little stressed lately so that may be more of the cause than Harry Potter movie adaptations but I had the most frightening nightmare.  I dreamed that I accidentally deleted the Phone app from my iPhone.  Seriously.  I couldn't make or receive any phone calls or get to any contact information.  Is that even possible?!?!??!!  Not only that in my dream, I had a house full of company, out of town clients needing to look at property, and my parents and children who all needed to be delivered in various spots around town (hmmm...basically my normal day).  So there I was trying to manage all of that with an iTouch because in dream world when you accidentally delete your Phone app you also can't text or access your email from your phone. 

I awoke in a cold sweat to the sound of the chirping cricket alarm.  I have now checked.  You cannot, indeed, delete your Phone app from the phone. 

12 comments:

iselby said...

Oh man... I have weird dreams like that too. Deleting apps, turning off my alarm.. and then I wake up and everything is normal. I also think that around Dec. 17th your nightmare will be a reality!! Invasion of the Selbies! (and we can't wait!)

mere said...

Do you remember my dream about the "Fried Egg App", and yes it was an app that let you fry an egg on your phone. Who needs a frying pan?! Yes, iphone can do ANYTHING!

iselby said...

Haha, that would be a good one for camping. Would you need to be in a 3G zone? Teehee.

I dreamed that Charlie had the softest cat bed ever and she was sooo happy. Strange.

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

And, I had a dream last night that I was at a Broadway show and Kristen Chenoweth asked me to sing with her after the intermission only she never came back AFTER the intermission. Rats...

Peddie said...

Sounds like Cheno was pulling an Inez... not showing up for act 2!

That egg frying app cracks me up too... I also sometimes think I dreamt turning off my alarm, which then turns out to be a reality... I think all my other dreams lately have subconsciously been Harry Potter related. I REALLY want to see it again. In English, despite having no trouble understanding it. I think Ron, my love, is even funnier in english.

Peddie said...

PS: I'd imagine that, living in the USA WIRELESS world, you'd have less of a problem not having a phone though even with an itouch, as you could skype and check email, etc. Here, in the land of NO WIRELESS EXCEPT WHERE YOU HAVE TO PAY MONTHLY AT THE COFFEE SHOP (or be at home... where you have a computer), it is also fairly useless. Sometimes I do palringo mom when I remember though... and I download the cute pictures Isabelle blogs on to my photos.

PPS: I don't play penguin wars anymore.

Peddie said...

CAPTCHA IS caryon!~!!! Makes me think of Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young!

Peddie said...

How do you get the text under the pictures? Magic?

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

Not magic! Blogger lets you add captions. Try it, you'll like it :-)

Brian said...

Don't laugh, but ... my 1 year old son DID delete the phone app from my phone AND I CAN'T GET IT BACK !!! i found your post because i was searching the internet for help !

funny thing is, if i use the search function, the app shows up and i get to it from there. i also installed some 3rd party dialer apps.

funny you had a nightmare about it. i'm living it, and it isn't that bad -

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

Brian, that's funny. Okay, probably not that funny for you. I just looked again on my phone and I can't figure out how you could delete it. Maybe it's only something a one-year old could do.

Good luck with that!

Peddie said...

Hehe, not to have fun at anyone expense (we're laugh-with-ers, after all) but we were all talking about the fried egg app and actually deleting the phone app and John (the brother) actually had the suggestion that the 1 yr old might have dragged the icon away into oblivion, since the phone app is still in the search function ;) Just in case you check here again, Brian!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails