Monday, August 30, 2010

Legacy Trail...Again with the biking...And WEG

Lexington's new Legacy Trail officially opens Sunday, September 12.  This is just the first two phases as the third phase linking the Northwest side with the Downtown East End has yet to be built but at the completion of the full trail  you'll be able to ride or walk 12 miles from the east end of downtown's new Isaac Murphy Memorial Garden -- think almost Bell Court area if you don't know what I'm talking about -- all the way to the Kentucky Horse Park.  For WEG, this means by the time the fun begins, you'll be able to bike to the Horse Park and park your bike for free as opposed to the $20 per car fee to park next to the horse park.   

2 comments:

iselby said...

I want to ride a bike! Can I borrow one?

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

You bet! I feel sure we can borrow one from our neighbors if we don't have enought. I have a wee bit of concern about getting out to the start of the trail but I'm sure we can do it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails