Sunday, June 6, 2010

Summer hours...

Mystery Falls en route to Rock Bridge
It's official.  Summer is here and I am now on summer hours.  Last day of school was Thursday and also, I am the parent of a high schooler.  My golden year of two children at the same school is over.  Sigh.  It was so nice while it lasted.  I suppose when Mary Rollins and Will are both in high school it'll be all different as they won't need me/my transportation quite as much anymore.  Sigh.  All good, all good though.  Teenagers and almost-twelve year olds are really fun.

To celebrate summer hours, I'll be taking two boys (Will and Wyatt N.)  to Red River Gorge tomorrow all while working from my iPhone and Mary Rollins goes to Ballet Summer Intensives.  Then it's back to work the rest of the week but I'm pretty excited about tomorrow's summer hours.

Also, I'm open to suggestions for fun things to do with an almost-twelve-year-old boys who do not want to go to baseball camp, take tennis lessons, golf lessons, batting lessons or go to ballet summer intensives.  Any suggestion that does not include the playing of XBox 360 is welcome.

10 comments:

Peddie said...

Ahhh... get him to a sport that is cool where he can impress people, so that he'll still want to go! If you're going to red river gorge, perhaps rock climbing?Dirt biking? Now all these things sound dangerous though.

Eh, stick with ballet instensives ;)

PS: How do they have no more school??! I still have a whole month!

hmmm...mempolo... mem? polo!

Peddie said...

Better idea - create a surfing wave just like they do on the little stream going through the English Gardens in Munich! Practice for Camp Selby!!!
(mycolar... is too tight. ;p)

iselby said...

Or - visit NYC!

Peddie said...

Have him bike to nyc!

Peddie said...

Hmmm... we're not getting a lot of response to our suggestions... I wonder why?

Gwennie said...

I'd love to get Will to ride a bike to New York. That would be a great adventure...I'd need to go with him though! I keep mentioning to Mary Rollins that I rode my bike through Europe for 3 weeks when I was 14. I'd let her go if we could find a group like I went with! That was probably one of the best things ever done in my life.

I have a spontaneous free day today so I think Will and I might make an impromptu trip to Costco in Louisville to do some birthday shopping for him. We need to get a lacross stick too. Saturday, Mary Rollins and I drove to Louisville to buy pointe shoes. Methinks Lexington needs a better selection of specialty sport/dance stores (and a Costco)!

Ooooo...my word is cousili!!!! That's the best ever!

Peddie said...

Wait... that wasn't the time you were in Trier... or was it? I need to have my rules set out before MR comes to Camp Claire...

Who's going to play Lacross? Also, are you guys so excited about Sarah coming? I wish I could go to Costco with you...

My word is 'plentym' as in 'plentym cousili!'

Peddie said...

outrum...... hahahahahaha.

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

That was the FIRST time I went to Trier. I went back once as a grown-up. Good story that should not be told publicly on the internet.

Will is going to try lacrosse. In fact, he's now signed up for a week of lacrosse camp. I think after baseball it might just be his sport! Thank goodness he's too young for rugby.

Peddie said...

Hehe... oh stories. Yes, they are much better told over a bottle of black swan "green label" and scrabble while I don't realize it's my turn to go ;)

I want to see pictures of this lacrosse boy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails